Managing Director, Strategic4sight, Inc.
- Vin leads strategic planning, research and marketing consulting services for nonprofit and business organizations. A senior marketing executive, he has extensive nonprofit and business leadership experience.
- His team offers an innovative Strategic Planning approach that provides a clear board mission and strategic direction, measurable client/customer results, three-year Strategic Plan with balanced scorecard set of goals and objectives, Marketing Plan, and key performance indicator dashboards to track and report progress.
- He also offers a Marketing and Communications Audit to help an organization assess its current marketing strategies and activities to improve the organization’s brand management, marketing and communications to increase resources and further its cause.
- A branding expert, he has led naming of nonprofits, companies and products.
- Improves marketing and communication results through brand management, market research, target market development, public relations, website/social media improvement and fund development.
- Provides change management, employee survey, employee communications and volunteer engagement services.
Center for Nonprofit Management - leads the Nonprofit Marketing Certificate course to expand the capabilities of those with nonprofit CEO, program, marketing, PR or event responsibilities. Participants interactively develop (or revise and improve) an integrated brand strategy-marketing-PR plan for their agency.
University of North Texas - served as adjunct professor teaching Public Relations for Nonprofits
United Way of Metropolitan Dallas - Senior Vice President, Brand Strategy and Communications
- Provided strategic management of marketing and communications
- Developed brand and marketing strategies, developed market research, defined target audiences and key messages.
- Formed volunteer leadership advisory committees and launched a broad volunteer engagement program
- Developed website and social media strategies, orchestrated employee communications, created press opportunities and supported strategic United Way initiatives
- Immediate Past Board Chair – Project Transformation Greater Dallas which engages young adults in purposeful leadership and ministry, supports underserved children and families, and connects churches to underserved communities.
- During his career Vin has served on the boards of directors of 20 local, national and international nonprofit organizations in various cities. He’s chaired the boards of seven nonprofits, co-founded two agencies and led key initiatives.
- Association of National Advertisers - leads a new one-day workshop on Business-to- Business Integrated Marketing Communications for corporate marketing leaders and staffs
- Provides business-to-business brand strategies and marketing communications
- Coordinates merger and acquisition external and employee communications and change management
- Member of Business Navigators, an organization of CEOs and trusted service advisors who share a philosophy of servant leadership
SMU – serves as an adjunct professor, teaching the Corporate Strategic Public Relations Strategy course
- The course prepares seniors who are corporate communications or public affairs majors to prepare for the future professional career transition from technician to manager. Includes: business fundamentals, firm research and analysis, corporate social responsibility, and case study analysis that enables professionals to provide strategic management counsel and communication strategies that advance business objectives.
ExxonMobil – Global Marketing Communications Manager for chemical company
- Led a team of 20 professionals to serve 10 worldwide business units, including: market research, brand strategies and development of sales collateral, media relations, ads, trade shows and websites
- Positioned, branded and launched new products and orchestrated media relations and interview training
- Led integrated employee, customer, news media and community communications for 15 mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Managed corporate and marketing communications in Europe, Africa and the Middle East
- Coordinated public relations and community relations for Exxon USA oil and gas
- Significant experience managing crisis communications and coordinating corporate contributions
- Graduate studies in political science at University of Houston
- MBA degree from Carnegie Mellon University
- BA degree in math and economics from DePauw University